ENTTEC RDM USB PRO DRIVER

It should do that itself. You have to wait at least us to respond to an RDM Discovery Request, so that leave us available for the rest of the response processing, checksum verification, etc. Or, do you just send the payload to the API, and the Enttec software takes care of building the packet? Sorry for the long explanation, I can supply further details if required by anybody that has had any experience with this device. But I am concerned about the micro's side of things. On another note, I came up with a good way to generate the break using the PIC24, but without the need to use an extra port bit and resistor.
Uploader: Kalmaran
Date Added: 27 November 2018
File Size: 16.48 Mb
Operating Systems: Windows NT/2000/XP/2003/2003/7/8/10 MacOS 10/X
Downloads: 53387
Price: Free* [*Free Regsitration Required]





The first thing I would normally say is check your timings! If you're sure all the timings are good, then lets move on to the data. Everything looked correct in the packet, rem I assumed that was not the problem.

Find More Posts by dtewksbury. Uniquely defining the RDM response of devices. This worked and everything was decoded and the transaction was complete.

USB DMX ENTTEC RDM Pro Mk2 Lighting Controller Interface Kit | eBay

I am using a timer driven state machine and set my timing accuracy for all DMX generation to increments of nS, which easily allows me to adhere to the specification outlined in the ANSI E1.

Next it dawned on me that pdo the device requires a specific address to decode, which makes no sense, but still I thought I would try to send data back to FFFF: So far this has been quite a satisfying journey frustrating at first. February 5th, drm August 4th, I have further information now.

Simply use the output invert bit to toggle from line Idle to break and enttdc, this works a treat. I cannot find any documentation that outlines how clever this device is, like is it aware of what the last request was that it transmitted, and therefore what it expects to decode next?

There are other products available too. Hello everyone, this is my first post here. October 5th, Although this can be quite frustrating enhtec times.

As a side note: Thanks entttec, you are correct, I am using the USB protocol and forming the entire packet myself. With something like a USB protocol it assumes your software is doing everything correctly and doesn't offer a lot of error handling. On another note, I came up with a good way to generate the break using the PIC24, but without the need to use an extra port oro and resistor. In this case it appears they put address filtering in the peripheral. October 24th, You have to wait at least us to respond to an RDM Discovery Request, so that leave us available for the rest of the response processing, checksum verification, etc.

DMX USB Pro

Thank you, yes that does seem reasonable I will give it a go. But I am concerned about the micro's side of things.

This makes no sense to me, if the Enttec device will only sub data on a certain address, why do I have to fill in the source address? I am confused as to why that is even necessary because it would not receive any packets back from any other UID, except the broadcast one, so what is the point of allowing me to add a different one?

In pseudo-code you want something like this: It should do that itself. Thank you all for the replies.

I have not implemented RDM before, and so this is very early days for me. They're perfect for product developers. Find More Posts by ericthegeek.

Comments

Popular Posts